Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Post #9: Chapter 4: Kanji

I will be participating on the work book portion of this page.

I have to write the days of the week in Kanji


Week day     Kanji    Romanji   Remembering Kanji
Sunday          日曜日 nichiyoubi   SUN day

Monday        月曜日 getsuyoubi   MOON day

Tuesday       火曜日 kayoubi        FIRE day

Wednesday   水曜日 suiyoubi       WATER day

Thursday     木曜日 mokuyoubi    TREE day

Friday         金曜日  kinyoubi        GOLD/ MONEY day

Saturday      土曜日 Doyoubi        SOIL day

Each of these Kanji symbols separately have their own meanings, however, when put with other kanji symbols, the meaning and sound can change.

日= day; sun        

木= tree               

月= moon; month 

火= fire               

水= water            

金= gold; money   

土= soil

曜= weekday

Simple Directions:

上 UP
下 DOWN
中 MIDDLE; INSIDE 

Other Kanji:

本 BOOK
人 PERSON
半 HALF


 Nihon            にほん    日本
 Hon                 ほん     本
 Naka              なか      中
 Mizu              みず      水
 Rokujihan   ろくじはん   六時半
 Ue                  うえ      上
 Shita               した      下

 Nihonjin    のほんじん   日本人
 
I went to a restaurant with a Japanese friend on friday
金曜日、 私 と 私 の 日本人 の ともだち は レストランに いきました。

I got up at about ten thirty on Saturday
土曜日、 私 は 十時半ぐらいにおきました。

I went to a temple alone on Monday
月曜日、私は ひとりで おてらに いきました。

The book is on the desk. The newspaper is under the book.
本は つくえの 上 です。しんぶん は 本の 下 です。























No comments:

Post a Comment